You deserve to feel comfortable and confident in your own skin! Thanks to the power of modern medicine, that is more possible than ever. From bothersome wrinkles to skin cancer, your dermatologist has a solution for virtually every skin concern imaginable. However, finding the right practice can often be a challenge. For countless patients in the Arlington and Stafford areas, the search for a convenient, well-qualified “dermatologist near me” ends at Washington Dermatology Consultants!
Don’t settle for less than a Board-certified dermatologist
The skin is the largest organ in the body, and it serves several vital functions. Most importantly, it is the barrier against environmental elements, and an integral part of the body’s detoxification system. Not surprisingly, internal as well as external factors take a serious toll on the health and appearance of your skin. Furthermore, healthy, youthful skin is an important part of looking and feeling your best. Therefore, you don’t want to trust your skin to just anyone.
Before earning board-certification in dermatology, a doctor must complete many years of training and residency requirements, learning to diagnose and treat hundreds of conditions affecting the skin, hair, and nails. These include:
Growths such as skin tags, warts, and moles
- Acne, rosacea, contact dermatitis, atopic eczema, psoriasis, and more
- Skin cancer prevention, screening, and treatment
- Signs of aging
- Skin damage caused by sun exposure
- Hair loss or unwanted hair growth
- Fingernail and toenail fungus
- Much, much more
Dr. Kenneth W. Neal is a Board-certified dermatologist and fellowship-trained Mohs surgeon, with extensive specialized training in cosmetic dermatology and laser surgery. He has selectively assembled a supporting team consisting of only trained, experienced, skilled professionals who share his dedication to excellence. Washington Dermatology Consultants has earned a reputation for premier quality medical and cosmetic dermatology with five-star customer service!The importance of experience
You are unique, and so is your skin. There are no universal right answers or best solutions in dermatology. In any situation, the optimal treatment plan is a customized one, tailored to your medical condition, cosmetic goals, age, skin type, and many other factors. There is no substitute for the wisdom and refined skills that come with experience.
Dr. Neal has extensive educational and professional experience, including specific expertise in some of the most complex areas of dermatology.
- Treating skin of color – Today’s technology is so advanced that virtually any treatment can be performed on any skin type – if the right device is used and it is properly adjusted. However, some dermatologists have little to no experience treating heavily pigmented skin, and the results of misjudgment can be disastrous. Dr. Neal is the co-author of Skin Cancers in Skin of Color, and a leader in all types of treatment for dark skin. People of all ethnicities and skin types have trusted their dermatological care to Dr. Neal and his team for many years.
- Skin cancer diagnosis and treatment – Of all dermatological conditions, none are as frightening and traumatic for a patient as the diagnosis of skin cancer. Depending on the type and stage of cancer, it has potential to be fatal or disfiguring. Furthermore, cancers may have deep roots and return after treatment if even a few cancerous cells are missed. Simply stated, there is no room for error. While common skin cancer surgery is readily available, it may not be the best option, especially for aggressive types of cancer. Mohs micrographic surgery is a sophisticated, precise technique with a higher cure rate than other surgeries. Dr. Neal is among a limited number of dermatologists Fellowship-trained in Mohs micrographic surgery in the area.
- Dermatological surgery – Whether it is performed for medical or cosmetic reasons, skin surgery is a particularly delicate process. Dr. Neal is a member of the ASDS (American Society for Dermatologic Surgery), and he routinely performs surgical treatments ranging from wart removal to Mohs cancer surgery.
- Minimally invasive cosmetic dermatology – Anti-aging and aesthetic enhancement treatments involve a level of skill beyond clinical expertise. Dr. Neal has many years of experience in injectables, laser treatments, photo facials and more. He has received awards for excellence in Botox, Restylane, and more.
Are you ready to meet your new favorite dermatologist? Call 571-431-6175 and schedule a consultation with Dr. Neal.